ANZAC Day 2017 is in nearly upon us and we look forward to sharing this special day with you and have provided the timings and arrangements below for your information.
- By 0545 hours
Assemble at the memorial
- 0600 hours
start (duration of approximately 45 minutes)
- 0645 hours
VIPs and their guests will be invited to join the President in the Club
- 0700 hours
North Bondi RSL Sub-branch members, their families and guests (3) will be invited to join the President in the Club
Military members and their family and guests (3) will be invited to join the President in the Club Logistics
- 0730 hours
Breakfast will be served from the Kitchen servery.
- For those older Sub-branch members who are less mobile, and would like a seat, please reserve your space via email or phone then make your way to the entrance of the club by 0550hours. There you will be invited to sit on the balcony overlooking the memorial.
- For those of you who would like to assist in the smooth running of the service, there will be an early morning muster at 05:15 at the memorial where the MC, Dave Sims, will give last minute instructions, and allocate volunteers to a number of tasks.
- The Older Veterans and the VIPs will have a dedicated table where they can sit and enjoy breakfast. The Older Veterans and the VIPS will be served breakfast first.
- As in previous years, we will have an open bar (Standard Beer, House Wine, soft drink) until 0800hours for all in the Club.
- Military members may enjoy the open bar until 1000 hours
- Sub-branch members will have an extended bar (standard drinks) until 1300 hours
- Wrist bands will be issued on the day
- In accordance with NSW liquor laws there is a maximum of 2 drinks per order
This year we are again expecting a large number of the public to be present at our service. Last year we exceeded our expectations and welcome the ongoing community support.
I look forward to seeing you all at the service and to meeting those of you who I haven’t yet met.
Robert de Graaf